Monday, January 14, 2008
Dhirubhaism : All The Mahamantras Of Late Dhirubhai Ambani.
I found a very interesting book on all Dhirubhai’s thoughts its really mind boggling. It is written by AGK who headed Mudra Advt.
‘Dhirubhaism’ - by A.G.Krishnamurthy. Tata McGraw Hill.
The Mantras are as follows:
1. roll up your sleeves and help. you and your team share the same DNA.
2. be a safety net for your team and they will perform wonders.
3. be a silent benefactor
4. dream big but dream with your eyes open.‘a vision has to be within reach not in the air. it has to be achievable.’
5. the arm-around-the- shoulder leader.‘we must learn to trust distrust kills initiative trust and transparency stimulates entrepreneurship. ‘
6. supply creates demand.‘think big, think fast, and think ahead. ideas are no one’s monopoly.’
7. money is not a product by itself. it is a by product, so don’t chase it.‘if you work with determination and perfection, success will follow.’
8. leave the professional alone.‘give the youth a proper environment. motivate them. extend them the support they need. each one of them has infinite source of energy. they will deliver.’
9. change your orbit, constantly.‘growth has no limits only when you dream it you can do it.’
10. optimism, the core of Dhiubhaism.‘pursue your goals even in the face of difficulties, and convert adversities into opportunities. ‘
11. you can find a friend in every human being.‘i have trusted people and they have put their trust in me.’
12. think big.‘for those who dare to dream, there is a whole world to win… dream and dare.
13. hold on to your dreams.‘don’t give up, courage is my conviction.’
14. bet on your people.
15. be positive.
No doubt the book is worth reading he made his empire during the Licence Raj, but he taught his two sons not only to survive but to outsmart global MNC’s in an unprotected global environment.